The real estate industry is an ever-evolving field which relies heavily on technology. As a real estate agent, staying ahead of the game and utilizing tools that keep you organized and efficient can mean the difference between consistent success or frequent frustration.
Here are five tools that everyone in the real estate industry should be using:
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Software: It’s no secret that achieving success in real estate often comes down to the relationships that you build and maintain. CRM software allows you to stay organized and make sure you’re always ahead of the curve when it comes to networking, client interactions, and more. The right software allows you to easily store contact information, calendar reminders, and provides automated outreach to make sure you’re not missing an opportunity.
- Cloud-Based File Storage: Far too many people in the real estate industry make the mistake of relying on external hard drives, flash drives, and other portable storage devices to store important documents, images, and other information. This isn’t a safe practice. Cloud storage eliminates the risk of data loss and (most importantly) allows you to access your files from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Social Media Presence: Having an active and engaged presence on social media isn’t just a smart marketing strategy, it’s essential to remain competitive in the modern real estate scene. Social media platforms are great for off-the-cuff interaction, personal introductions, and engaging with potential buyers and sellers. By taking full advantage of available tools, you can reach more people & showcase your expertise and build relationships that will drive your business.
- Virtual Showings & Tours: Virtual showings and tours can save time and provide an extra layer of convenience to potential buyers, as well as sellers who may not be able to attend an in-person viewing. Using virtual viewing tools like Skype or Google Hangouts, you can help make sure that no opportunity is overlooked, regardless of where the interested party may be located.
- Mobile Devices: Accessibility is paramount when you’re in the real estate industry. That’s why having a reliable and powerful mobile device is essential. Whether you’re out doing site visits or communicating with clients, having the ability to quickly look up information and answer questions on the fly can help keep your business booming.
In today’s real estate market, staying organized and up to date on the latest technology is one of the most important steps you can take as an agent. Utilizing the five tools mentioned above can provide you with a significant advantage, not only in your day-to-day activities, but in terms of building relationships and creating solid first impressions as well.